Skip to main content

Motivated Monday

Well that weekend went pretty quickly, but I have news. We have set our wedding date. Hurrah! We went to view a venue on Saturday and it was perfect, my boyfriend wanted a bit of a longer engagement but I don't want to wait too long, so we finally agreed on next May. Not only does this mean LOTS of planning, although we're keeping it pretty simple, it also means lots of weight loss is required. I realised, after reading a few people's reviews on lean in 15, that people had weighed & measured themselves at the beginning & end of the 3 month plan. Dammit! I had stayed away from the sad step since well before Christmas, when I realised I had put on 2 stone in the last 3 years. I got up at 5:30am this morning to get ready and after trying to put it off for about 10 minutes by tidying up random things in the kitchen, I reluctantly pulled the scales out and crept on. 5lbs I have put on 5lbs!! My heart sank. I then got out the tape measure, yep, measurements were more too. F*ck. I had boozed all weekend and yesterday I had a cheat day, which was unnecessary, I was just being lazy, I wasn't hungover. My attitude needs to change, the food I enjoy, I love the cooking and enjoy trying out new recipes. My downfall this weekend was lack of organisation, which was down to one thing. Yep, you guessed it. Booze. I was supposed to go food shopping on Friday evening but I opted to go to a quick glass of wine after work, which left me feeling tired & not wanting to go. I resolved to go on Saturday after viewing the venue, then I had a couple of glasses of wine with lunch and was in no mood to face the Saturday crowds, which left Sunday which I didn't even entertain the idea of, I was looking forward to a PJ day, nothing was getting in the way of that. So here I am on a Monday morning, slightly traumatised by the number on the scale, but rather than doing my usual and reaching for the cake,  I have a new resolve, especially with our wedding finally booked. I made some scrambled eggs for breakfast and decided that I am going to look at paying for the 90 day SSS plan when I get paid in Feb, I think I need the support!!!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is Success The Thing That Scares Us? Or Is It Failure We Really Fear?

Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm. - Winston Churchill If you fear failure, the above quote from Winston Churchill can be seen as comforting, failing at something can be a huge blow to our egos. But what if you aren't scared to fail? What if succeeding is the thing that scares you most? Failure is something that some of us are quite prepared for. Before we've even set out to do something, that voice in your head is already saying "it probably won't work out". We often prepare ourselves for the worst outcome to protect our fragile egos. If we fail, things will stay as they are and whether we are happy with our current situation or not, it is a lot easier to stay in a familiar situation. Of course, we don't want to fail, we'll feel rubbish about it, sometimes it means we can't do the things we had hoped for at the time, but ultimately, nothing has changed, and we can usually fall back into our old routin...

3 Small Intentions I’m Setting This Week To Energise Me After My Holiday

Revisit my routine After 2 weeks away and being 5 hours behind, everything is a little up in the air. There are things I want to remove from my routine and things I would like to add. Exercise I started using the FIIT app before I went away so I want to get back to that. All that walking around made me realise I need to improve my fitness. Writing articles I write every day but just for my personal blog, I want to write some articles so that when I make pitches they’re ready to go. I plan to work very hard this week! What are your intentions? ❤️

Nine Of The Best True Crime Podcasts

I started writing this week's True Crime Post and got myself lost down a rabbit hole. There is so much information about the case, that I want to make sure I capture all the information and do it justice. So this week, I will share some of my favourite true crime podcasts with you all. If you love True Crime like me then these are the podcasts you absolutely must subscribe to. Going West Started in 2018 and presented by husband and wife, Heath & Daphne, who discuss different US-based disappearances, murders and unsolved cases each week. I love the way Heath & Daphne bounce off each other and The episodes flow really well. Episodes are usually between 40 & 50 minutes long and are released every Tuesday & Friday and are available on all platforms. Case File True Crime This was the first true crime podcast I ever listened to and it's still one of my favourites. It started in 2016. The host is anonymous, which I quite enjoy. The show has solved and unsolved cas...