Skip to main content

For the love of books

One thing I have always loved is reading. I had hypnotherapy last year and one of the questions the hypnotherapist asked in the initial session was do I hear, see or smell, I definitely see. When I am reading a book I am so immersed, I know exactly what that person looks like, for me it like watching a film, it's the same when I dream its like watching TV. As I have mentioned before, my ambition is to write books, not just one, but many. I want to give to others what so many authors have given to me. I am writing this blog post to share my favourite books and givers of book hangovers. In no particular order: Kane & Abel - Jeffrey Archer. I must have read this book at least 10 times and it never gets boring, I won't go into detail on any of these books as I don't want to ruin it but this really is one of the greatest stories I have ever read. Dead Simple - Peter James. A friend of mine got me into this series and I am totally hooked. I love how each book has a few individual stories on the go and I now feel like I am personal friends with Roy Grace. If you love detective novels, this series is an absolute must. Gangster - Lorenzo Carcaterra. One of my absolute favourite authors of all time, the writer of the true story Sleepers, which was made into a Hollywood film. I actually read Gangster before I knew this and I can honestly say I was completely blown away by this book. This is one of the few books I have read several times and each time I love it just as much. I have also read Sleepers, Street Boys, Apaches, The Wolf, A Safe Place & Chasers by this author and they are equally good, I still have a few left to read and I can't wait. Room - Emma Donoghue. I received this book as a Christmas present from my brother, I was a bit skeptical as he never seemed to read books, this was an amazing, moving book. I had never read anything like it before, the film is great also but there is nothing quite like the book. Gone Girl - Gillian Flynn. I was fortunate enough to read this before seeing the film and oh god was it good. If you havent seen the film please read the book first, I can't tell you why, but I can tell you I read this is 2 days! Dark Matter - Blake Crouch. This book is beyond describing, I actually read this one on holiday in one day, I just had to know. Most of the above are thrillers but this has a large dollop of sci-fi in it, I find the whole concept of this book completely mesmerizing, I've read a lot of Blakes other work and also found Wayward Pines equally addictive. When you disappeared - John Marrs. Another book I could not put down, this had me sneaking off at work as I had to know what happened. Its books like this that make me want to become a writer, I could not get enough of this book and even now want a sequel (hint to author!!) I will leave it there (for now!) but would love to know what you guys think and if you have any book recommendations for me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 Things I’ve Seen & Heard This Week Including A Way To Earn As You Spend & An Exciting Crime Series

Being on holiday has given me plenty of time to read, listen and watch things and I write this very post as I lounge around the hotel pool. If you would like to watch fairytale for adults I rewatched Collateral Beauty on the plane. Will Smith plays Howard, a man broken by a personal tragedy. He spends his time writing letters time, death & love, whilst his concerned friends, played by the brilliant Ed Norton & Kate Winslet, try in vain to help him recover. It is a beautiful and moving story, something we all need to see. If you want to listen to the new Luther Vandross I put my name down for karaoke on holiday thinking I might sound ok amongst the usual candidates. Then Sterling got up. This man sounds just like Luther Vandross! We were chatting to him and he has entered several singing contests such as Pop Idol & X Factor but for some unknown reason, he didn't get through! If you want to earn money whilst you spend it Use TopCashback . I use this whenever

Goal Setting, Go Getting

In this weeks substack newsletter Subscribe here

Film recommendation

Whilst I was feeling sorry for myself on Sunday night we saw this was on @skytv I absolutely love the people just do nothing series and the movie was just as good! It really cheered me up! #peoplejustdonothing #tvshows #tv #tvshow #tvseries #movies #series #television #movie #film #comedy #funny #films