Skip to main content

It’s not easy being an empath

Last year whilst doing my Law of Attraction course, I discovered that I may very well be an empath. For those of you that haven’t heard of this, as I hadn’t until Tanya told me, here’s a short description. An empath is someone with the strong ability to feel the thoughts, emotions, and energy of others and generally, people who are empaths  are affected by these influences sometimes to the point of it becoming debilitating. I never realised this until, through the course, I became aware of energy. I know some of you think it’s a load of old shite, I used to be sceptical myself, but it totally makes sense.  For example, I would be in a normal mood, then I would see a friend who had some amazing news and I would come away feeling elated and excited as though the good thing had happened to me and on the flip side, if someone was having a hard time I would feel their pain, I’ve felt stressed, tearful and even lost sleep without having reasons before, then it slowly started to make sense when I put my general mood along with who I’d seen or what I had discussed that day. Sometimes even watching the news can have a huge impact on me, which is why I try to avoid it where possible. The worst culprits, I have discovered, are books, and get so immersed in a book that I can sometimes become attached to the characters it can sometimes leaving me feeling really low, I mean these aren’t even real bloody people! Am I going to become one of those psychos that goes up to soap opera characters in the street and has a go at them for what their character did?  There are some (real live) people, although these are very few and far between, that I just absolutely cannot have any empathy for whatsoever. I don’t know what it is, sometimes it’s people I barely know, sometimes it happens over time but once that feeling is there, I can’t change it.  I remember once interviewing this woman with a colleague, she was perfectly nice, seemed qualified for the role, but something didn’t sit quite right with me. When my colleague & I met with our boss to discuss, my colleague simply stated “there’s something I can’t put my finger on, but I’m really not sure about her” I felt relieved and felt brave enough to then voice my own opinions. The thing is you feel these things, but you feel guilty as you have nothing to base it on and basically feel like a bitch!  We offered the role to another guy but he’d already accepted another job, so we gave the role to, let’s call her Joan. Joan arrived, she was nice, too nice. I felt absolutely terrible, but I just couldn’t abide her. Might I add, this was before my Law of Attraction Course, so at this point had no idea why I was thinking or feeling like this, I felt like a terrible person. The only way I can describe it was it was like being around a really bad smell, I just didn’t want to be anywhere near it, when the smell wasn’t there I felt happier and more relaxed. I eventually left that company and the company I’d joined had some old colleagues of Joan and I found out that she was in fact not a very nice person, not only that, I bumped into some colleagues from my old company who told me that she had bad mouthed me, saying that I had told her to do things a certain way (the wrong way) considering I’d put those processes in place, there was no other way I would have shown her. Luckily my old boss knew this & told her so.  So in actual fact, it turned out my gut instinct was right in telling me to avoid Joan! Now I just need to learn how to tune out those negative people....where I can! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is Success The Thing That Scares Us? Or Is It Failure We Really Fear?

Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm. - Winston Churchill If you fear failure, the above quote from Winston Churchill can be seen as comforting, failing at something can be a huge blow to our egos. But what if you aren't scared to fail? What if succeeding is the thing that scares you most? Failure is something that some of us are quite prepared for. Before we've even set out to do something, that voice in your head is already saying "it probably won't work out". We often prepare ourselves for the worst outcome to protect our fragile egos. If we fail, things will stay as they are and whether we are happy with our current situation or not, it is a lot easier to stay in a familiar situation. Of course, we don't want to fail, we'll feel rubbish about it, sometimes it means we can't do the things we had hoped for at the time, but ultimately, nothing has changed, and we can usually fall back into our old routin...

3 Small Intentions I’m Setting This Week To Energise Me After My Holiday

Revisit my routine After 2 weeks away and being 5 hours behind, everything is a little up in the air. There are things I want to remove from my routine and things I would like to add. Exercise I started using the FIIT app before I went away so I want to get back to that. All that walking around made me realise I need to improve my fitness. Writing articles I write every day but just for my personal blog, I want to write some articles so that when I make pitches they’re ready to go. I plan to work very hard this week! What are your intentions? ❤️

What Happened To Brianna Maitland? Another Abandoned Car, Another Strange Disappearance.

Brianna Maitland disappeared within weeks after just 90 miles from where Maura Murray vanished. Who is Brianna Maitland Brianna was fun, spontaneous and very independent. She lived on a rural farm with her family until she moved out at age 17, and she also dropped out of high school. After some failed living arrangements, she eventually moved in with her friend Gillian and was continuing her education whilst working 2 jobs, one morning job and another evening job in the Black Lantern Inn. The disappearance On March 19th 2004, Brianna had breakfast and went shopping with her mum. During the time they were together, Brianna's mum noticed that she became distracted by something or someone outside the shop they were in. Brianna left, saying she would be right back and her mum eventually found her in the car park. Brianna's mum said she seemed tense, shaken & agitated and had to get home as she had work that evening. Her mum, knowing how fiercely private Brianna was, ...