Skip to main content

Springing into Spring

It’s the first Monday of spring! I love all the seasons for different reasons. Spring, brings us more hours of daylight, warmer weather and for me, it always feels like a time of new beginnings. Today, I’m feeling pretty positive and I honestly believe my new habits play a big part in this, so I thought I would share these with you for some Monday Motivation. Fuel First The first thing I do each morning is feed Toby. I know that if I try and do anything else before doing this, he will be complaining and interrupting me until I feed him. Once he is fed and watered, I make myself a smoothie - I use a really easy recipe from BBC Good Food and I fill up my 2 litre bottle with squash, as I am rubbish and drinking water otherwise. Once I am armed with my fuel for the morning, I head up to the sanctuary, where I put some concoction of Essential Oils into my Neom diffuser and take my vitamins (Magnesium, B12, & Vitamin C with Zinc) S.A.V.E.R.S second Its then time to complete some of my S.A.V.E.R.S from Miracle Morning I do a 10 minute meditation using the headspace app, which I get for free through my Vitality healthcare. I read the days insight from The Daily Stoic, which can sometimes be scarily apt and then a chapter of another book, which at the moment is Practical Mindfulness I set my goals for the day in my Law of Attraction planner, these are based on goals I set myself at the start of the planner, which are then broken down each month. I fill in the morning section of The Way of the Tortoise journal, which I got for my birthday last year and is perfect for the Miracle Morning as I can include my Affirmations and Visualisations here. The only thing currently missing from this is the Exercise part. This week I plan to include some movement everyday, today for example, I walked to the shops and back and on Wednesday I plan to walk to and from my counselling session. I think this is something I need to think about at the beginning of each week so I can fit it in with my plans, as long as I include it where possible I'll be happy. Finances Third Next I look at my budget planner. I remember about 14 years ago, crying to my friend Jane when at work, when the bank decided they were going to remove my overdraft and give me a very short space of time to pay it back. She set me up with a spreadsheet where you input your expected salary and your outgoings and it calculates how much money you have left at the end of each month. I'm sorry to say, I used this spreadsheet very sporadically until recently. I have made some tweaks and now, after years of actively avoiding it, I make sure I update it everyday so I can keep on top of my finances and it does really help. I then check my emails, if there is anything I like the look of but don't have time to read, I'll flag it for later or I'll open the article in my browser and add to my reading list. I quite enjoy sitting down of an evening and reading through all the various things I have saved, rather than rushing through or deleting altogether. I like to make sure I do the above things in the morning, before starting anything else or I leave the house. I find it puts me in a good mindset for the day. I'm also trying to incorporate the following throughout the day where I can. - Set aside an hour or so to work on my writing. This week I have tasked myself with writing the book for one hour a day, as well as any additional writing for the blog. I tend to work on the blog posts first as I find this gets me in the right mindset for writing. - More diffusing. I have a diffuser downstairs as well as upstairs. If we are home, I like to put a nice chillout diffuser blend after dinner, the past few days have been decongesting blends for the husband, which have seemed to work. I find the blends online, usually Pinterest. - Drink to doze. I like to make myself a sleep tea or hot chocolate to take up to bed with me - Journal. Before I go to bed, I complete the evening part of my The Way of the Tortoise journal, I list 3 things I am grateful for and I also write about the days events in my five year diary. - Read. Reading is the number one thing that helps me to get sleepy. I always read fiction at night, most nights I don't get more than a chapter in before my eyes start closing. - Once I am ready for sleep, I put on my sleepmask, it has bluetooth speakers in and I love it! The husband bought it for me for Christmas the year before last and I take it with me whenever I'm staying elsewhere overnight. I put on my podcast playlists, set a timer for it to stop playing and never usually get through the first one. I know it seems like a lot, but I think as long as you are enjoying doing them and they do not seem like a chore it makes it much easier. Obviously, life happens and sometimes I can't do all of them which is why I try and do the ones I find most beneficial in the morning before anything else. #mondaymotivation #monday #mondaymood #motivation #mondayvibes #motivationmonday #mondaymorning #inspiration #goals #positivevibes #success #newweek #life #lifestyle #happymonday #healthylifestyle #selfcare #selflove #love #loveyourself #mentalhealth #wellness #health #positivevibes #happiness #life #mindfulness #fitness #positivity #healing #happy #yourself #mindset #meditation #mentalhealthawareness

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 Things I’ve Seen & Heard This Week Including A Way To Earn As You Spend & An Exciting Crime Series

Being on holiday has given me plenty of time to read, listen and watch things and I write this very post as I lounge around the hotel pool. If you would like to watch fairytale for adults I rewatched Collateral Beauty on the plane. Will Smith plays Howard, a man broken by a personal tragedy. He spends his time writing letters time, death & love, whilst his concerned friends, played by the brilliant Ed Norton & Kate Winslet, try in vain to help him recover. It is a beautiful and moving story, something we all need to see. If you want to listen to the new Luther Vandross I put my name down for karaoke on holiday thinking I might sound ok amongst the usual candidates. Then Sterling got up. This man sounds just like Luther Vandross! We were chatting to him and he has entered several singing contests such as Pop Idol & X Factor but for some unknown reason, he didn't get through! If you want to earn money whilst you spend it Use TopCashback . I use this whenever

Goal Setting, Go Getting

In this weeks substack newsletter Subscribe here

Film recommendation

Whilst I was feeling sorry for myself on Sunday night we saw this was on @skytv I absolutely love the people just do nothing series and the movie was just as good! It really cheered me up! #peoplejustdonothing #tvshows #tv #tvshow #tvseries #movies #series #television #movie #film #comedy #funny #films