Skip to main content

5 Articles On Medium That Resonated With Me On Finding My Purpose

It's nice to know you're not alone. Yesterday, I wrote about finding my purpose, something I struggled with for many years, I was baffled by how I was supposed to do this. Charlene Walters, MBA, PhD hit the nail on the head for me in her article
"What's your why?" they say. It's everywhere. I'm sure that you sometimes get tired of hearing it. The endless memes and motivational quotes"
5 Questions For Figuring Out Your Why (for just about anything) I was also crippled by a complete lack of Self-belief Gustavo Gallina shares his thoughts on letting go of things that hold us back
"We put ourselves off from attempting new things, travelling to new locations, developing new habits, or meeting new people because we are afraid of failure and the unknown."
If It's Holding You Back, Let It Go Susie Pinon also talks about letting go,
"It isn't until you truly let go that everything falls into place."
Clear the Clutter, Make Room For Greatness Vivian Nunez reminds us that in all of this, we must watch out for overwhelm, a trap I easily fall into
"Being a multi-hyphenate can move from feeling invigorating to feeling overwhelming very quickly"
Are Your Hours Spent Doing The Work Or Trying To Define It? And Justin Boyette shares some great tips on how to avoid the overwhelm
"So, find a notebook you aren't working in and make it work for you. Make a mess of those pages. Clear your mind."
My 3 Golden Rules to Never Burnout Again Did any resonate with you? ♥️

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is Success The Thing That Scares Us? Or Is It Failure We Really Fear?

Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm. - Winston Churchill If you fear failure, the above quote from Winston Churchill can be seen as comforting, failing at something can be a huge blow to our egos. But what if you aren't scared to fail? What if succeeding is the thing that scares you most? Failure is something that some of us are quite prepared for. Before we've even set out to do something, that voice in your head is already saying "it probably won't work out". We often prepare ourselves for the worst outcome to protect our fragile egos. If we fail, things will stay as they are and whether we are happy with our current situation or not, it is a lot easier to stay in a familiar situation. Of course, we don't want to fail, we'll feel rubbish about it, sometimes it means we can't do the things we had hoped for at the time, but ultimately, nothing has changed, and we can usually fall back into our old routin...

3 Small Intentions I’m Setting This Week To Energise Me After My Holiday

Revisit my routine After 2 weeks away and being 5 hours behind, everything is a little up in the air. There are things I want to remove from my routine and things I would like to add. Exercise I started using the FIIT app before I went away so I want to get back to that. All that walking around made me realise I need to improve my fitness. Writing articles I write every day but just for my personal blog, I want to write some articles so that when I make pitches they’re ready to go. I plan to work very hard this week! What are your intentions? ❤️

What Happened To Brianna Maitland? Another Abandoned Car, Another Strange Disappearance.

Brianna Maitland disappeared within weeks after just 90 miles from where Maura Murray vanished. Who is Brianna Maitland Brianna was fun, spontaneous and very independent. She lived on a rural farm with her family until she moved out at age 17, and she also dropped out of high school. After some failed living arrangements, she eventually moved in with her friend Gillian and was continuing her education whilst working 2 jobs, one morning job and another evening job in the Black Lantern Inn. The disappearance On March 19th 2004, Brianna had breakfast and went shopping with her mum. During the time they were together, Brianna's mum noticed that she became distracted by something or someone outside the shop they were in. Brianna left, saying she would be right back and her mum eventually found her in the car park. Brianna's mum said she seemed tense, shaken & agitated and had to get home as she had work that evening. Her mum, knowing how fiercely private Brianna was, ...