Skip to main content

5 Mind Blowing True Crime Documentaries You May Have Missed

I'll be honest with you, this wasn't the post I had planned for today. Jet lag got the better of me and I didn't have the brain capacity to write my original post. The true crime posts I usually write focus on unsolved cases and it's important to me that I give them the time and attention they deserve. Instead, I've prepared a list of some of the best true crime documentaries I have seen and I hope that I'll be back to normal for next week's post. ❤️ The Central Park Five I originally heard about this story when I watched the mini-series, When They See Us I was so moved by the story that I went on to watch the documentary, and both left me in tears. In 1989, five black and Latino teenagers were convicted of raping a white woman. They spent several years in prison before someone else confessed to the crime. Outcry A five-part series about a teenage high school football player sentenced to prison for the sexual assault of a four-year-old boy. This documentary follows the accused, Greg Kelley and his many supporters who fight against the conviction. The Vanishing At The Cecil Hotel I'd read about this before I saw the program and had it always found the story bizarre. A tourist stays at the Cecil Hotel, CCTV footage shows her acting strangely, before vanishing, only for her body to later be discovered at the hotel in the most unexpected place. Abducted In Plain Sight This one had me saying "WTF" a lot and has to be seen to be believed. This tells us the true story of a family who is befriended by their neighbour, not only does he take advantage of their 12-year-old daughter but also manages to get the whole family to fall for his lies. Don't F*ck With Cats This program starts with a group of online detectives trying to track down someone posting cruel videos online leading them to uncover something even more sinister.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is Success The Thing That Scares Us? Or Is It Failure We Really Fear?

Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm. - Winston Churchill If you fear failure, the above quote from Winston Churchill can be seen as comforting, failing at something can be a huge blow to our egos. But what if you aren't scared to fail? What if succeeding is the thing that scares you most? Failure is something that some of us are quite prepared for. Before we've even set out to do something, that voice in your head is already saying "it probably won't work out". We often prepare ourselves for the worst outcome to protect our fragile egos. If we fail, things will stay as they are and whether we are happy with our current situation or not, it is a lot easier to stay in a familiar situation. Of course, we don't want to fail, we'll feel rubbish about it, sometimes it means we can't do the things we had hoped for at the time, but ultimately, nothing has changed, and we can usually fall back into our old routin...

3 Small Intentions I’m Setting This Week To Energise Me After My Holiday

Revisit my routine After 2 weeks away and being 5 hours behind, everything is a little up in the air. There are things I want to remove from my routine and things I would like to add. Exercise I started using the FIIT app before I went away so I want to get back to that. All that walking around made me realise I need to improve my fitness. Writing articles I write every day but just for my personal blog, I want to write some articles so that when I make pitches they’re ready to go. I plan to work very hard this week! What are your intentions? ❤️

What Happened To Brianna Maitland? Another Abandoned Car, Another Strange Disappearance.

Brianna Maitland disappeared within weeks after just 90 miles from where Maura Murray vanished. Who is Brianna Maitland Brianna was fun, spontaneous and very independent. She lived on a rural farm with her family until she moved out at age 17, and she also dropped out of high school. After some failed living arrangements, she eventually moved in with her friend Gillian and was continuing her education whilst working 2 jobs, one morning job and another evening job in the Black Lantern Inn. The disappearance On March 19th 2004, Brianna had breakfast and went shopping with her mum. During the time they were together, Brianna's mum noticed that she became distracted by something or someone outside the shop they were in. Brianna left, saying she would be right back and her mum eventually found her in the car park. Brianna's mum said she seemed tense, shaken & agitated and had to get home as she had work that evening. Her mum, knowing how fiercely private Brianna was, ...