Skip to main content

A Little Help For A Jet Lagged Girl Please

I spent the last week of the holiday looking forward to getting back into my routine. Now I'm home and I’m feeling flat as a pancake. I know it wasn't supposed to be a relaxing holiday but it was a break, so why am I not feeling refreshed? Why aren’t I jumping back into things with renewed vigour as I imagined I would? Instead, I am sluggish, anxious and if I'm honest, feeling a little low. It's just not how I thought it would be. This holiday has been a focal point for me all year. I was putting so many things on hold until after my holiday and now the time is here and my head is spinning. I want to be a new, improved person but I also want to sit on the sofa and watch TV, not thinking about all the stuff I’ve given myself to do. Last week, I finally set up my LinkedIn profile as a freelance writer. Great. But now I have no idea what to do next. I started looking at some of the roles advertised but most of them want work experience, which I don’t currently have nor do I have anyone in my network associated with writing. But rather than being deterred by this, I am going to give myself some grace and rather than focus on what I can’t do at this very moment, I'm going to focus on what I can do, starting with looking after myself. Yesterday, I managed to get a full night's sleep, practice some gentle yoga, meditate, do some reading and write this post. When my brain is back to fully functioning I’ll put my focus back on work. In the meantime, if anyone has any tips or words of wisdom for me they would be greatly appreciated ❤️

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is Success The Thing That Scares Us? Or Is It Failure We Really Fear?

Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm. - Winston Churchill If you fear failure, the above quote from Winston Churchill can be seen as comforting, failing at something can be a huge blow to our egos. But what if you aren't scared to fail? What if succeeding is the thing that scares you most? Failure is something that some of us are quite prepared for. Before we've even set out to do something, that voice in your head is already saying "it probably won't work out". We often prepare ourselves for the worst outcome to protect our fragile egos. If we fail, things will stay as they are and whether we are happy with our current situation or not, it is a lot easier to stay in a familiar situation. Of course, we don't want to fail, we'll feel rubbish about it, sometimes it means we can't do the things we had hoped for at the time, but ultimately, nothing has changed, and we can usually fall back into our old routin...

3 Small Intentions I’m Setting This Week To Energise Me After My Holiday

Revisit my routine After 2 weeks away and being 5 hours behind, everything is a little up in the air. There are things I want to remove from my routine and things I would like to add. Exercise I started using the FIIT app before I went away so I want to get back to that. All that walking around made me realise I need to improve my fitness. Writing articles I write every day but just for my personal blog, I want to write some articles so that when I make pitches they’re ready to go. I plan to work very hard this week! What are your intentions? ❤️

What Happened To Brianna Maitland? Another Abandoned Car, Another Strange Disappearance.

Brianna Maitland disappeared within weeks after just 90 miles from where Maura Murray vanished. Who is Brianna Maitland Brianna was fun, spontaneous and very independent. She lived on a rural farm with her family until she moved out at age 17, and she also dropped out of high school. After some failed living arrangements, she eventually moved in with her friend Gillian and was continuing her education whilst working 2 jobs, one morning job and another evening job in the Black Lantern Inn. The disappearance On March 19th 2004, Brianna had breakfast and went shopping with her mum. During the time they were together, Brianna's mum noticed that she became distracted by something or someone outside the shop they were in. Brianna left, saying she would be right back and her mum eventually found her in the car park. Brianna's mum said she seemed tense, shaken & agitated and had to get home as she had work that evening. Her mum, knowing how fiercely private Brianna was, ...