Skip to main content

Lovely Friends Motivating Music And Living In The Moment

Finally, a week where I can stop and breathe. It's been a positive week and I feel with each new day, brings new things to learn. I sometimes feel like I have only just begun living my life as I am meant to, which is odd at the age of 41. Last week I started adding a "song of the day" to my social media pages, the intention behind these is to get everyone's day off on a positive note. I thought I would share these on my Friday posts for everyone to enjoy, by adding the link to the day of the week. On Friday I went out with a couple of friends for some Friday night drinks. We sat in a beer garden, drinking rose and chit-chatting about our lives. I had a picture taken, which I usually hate but for once I didn't. When I wondered why I noticed that I looked relaxed and not like I had the weight of the world on my shoulders, it felt good to realise that. There was a man at the pub that I was convinced was the actor who played Martin Fowler in Eastenders. I was that convinced, that when he came up to us at the end of the evening, I, after consuming way too much wine, told him that I knew who he was. It wasn't him! Oops. On Saturday, the husband and I both recovering from our respective Friday nights had a relaxing day which I spent writing on my laptop in front of the TV, ending the day in our usual fashion with a delicious Indian takeaway. On Sunday, I was productive. I set my goals and intentions for the week. I worked from the garden as the weather was nice and listened to a great podcast called The Diary of a CEO with Steven Bartlett. In this episode, he interviews James Smith, who I have followed for quite a few years now. If you want to feel inspired, give it a listen, it's brilliant! On Monday, as per my intentions for the week I got up and reviewed all of my outgoings. I realised I had been putting it off in fear that I was under pressure to rush back to work, doing a job I hate and all my hard work and positive mindset would be undone. I was so pleased I did it, I was in a much better position than I realised and it set a positive tone for my week. I wrote my first True Crime post, which I loved. I got the bestie to proofread it for me as she is a fellow true crime fan. I really enjoyed doing it and plan on doing more. It did take a lot more work than I anticipated though so I need to make sure I spread this out over a few days. On Tuesday, I woke up far too early. I was excited to see that Monday's post had been included in another read for read on Medium and I was so thankful for the lovely feedback I received. In the spirit of engaging more with other writers, I have been going through my list of people I am following and reading and commenting on any articles I enjoy. It's something I quite enjoy doing and I am learning so much! I thought I would share one of my favourite articles I've read this week with you all. https://medium.com/coffee-times/5-positive-effects-of-unemployment-on-my-life-9857c79385d4 The husband and I take a long walk and go out for something to eat and I honestly can't remember the last time I have ever felt this happy. Rather than dreading when the low is coming, I have learnt just to enjoy the moment. On Wednesday I have another randomly early wake-up. It's a little annoying as I had decided that this week, Wednesday would be the day I would have "off" from writing. Despite this, I still do lots of reading and work on other things. I take a much-needed daytime nap and then collect my friend who comes over for pizza and wine and we have a much-needed catch-up in the garden, when the husband comes home, he makes us a cocktail. Despite a late night on Wednesday, I still manage to wake up too early again on Thursday. I plan and organise my day and work on my to-do list, there's a lot of yawning going on!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 Things I’ve Seen & Heard This Week Including A Way To Earn As You Spend & An Exciting Crime Series

Being on holiday has given me plenty of time to read, listen and watch things and I write this very post as I lounge around the hotel pool. If you would like to watch fairytale for adults I rewatched Collateral Beauty on the plane. Will Smith plays Howard, a man broken by a personal tragedy. He spends his time writing letters time, death & love, whilst his concerned friends, played by the brilliant Ed Norton & Kate Winslet, try in vain to help him recover. It is a beautiful and moving story, something we all need to see. If you want to listen to the new Luther Vandross I put my name down for karaoke on holiday thinking I might sound ok amongst the usual candidates. Then Sterling got up. This man sounds just like Luther Vandross! We were chatting to him and he has entered several singing contests such as Pop Idol & X Factor but for some unknown reason, he didn't get through! If you want to earn money whilst you spend it Use TopCashback . I use this whenever

Goal Setting, Go Getting

In this weeks substack newsletter Subscribe here

Film recommendation

Whilst I was feeling sorry for myself on Sunday night we saw this was on @skytv I absolutely love the people just do nothing series and the movie was just as good! It really cheered me up! #peoplejustdonothing #tvshows #tv #tvshow #tvseries #movies #series #television #movie #film #comedy #funny #films