Skip to main content

Slow down + Ease The Pressure = Avoid Exhaustion - A Self Care Solution

Over the last few weeks, I've been spending about 90% of my waking moments working towards my goal of writing for a living. I wake up and am straight online posting on platforms that I am unable to schedule posts on (or haven't learned how to yet) I could wait until later in the day, but I find that a lot of people read posts first thing, myself included. I meditate, do my self-reflection and review my to-do list for the day, apart from writing, I read other people's articles and engage with other writers on the platforms as practically all the articles and books I've read say this is a huge factor in being a successful writer, it's something I've found surprisingly fun. On top of this, I'm trying (and failing) to keep a clean and tidy home, cook dinners, see friends and family, and generally have a life. I'm not complaining, I bloody love it. I finally feel like I have a purpose. However, me being me, I have given myself a rather large to-do list, that I keep adding to and I know that it's important to give myself some time off each week. If I know I am going out for the day, I get up extra early to make sure I can get as many things ticked off of my to-do list as possible and get anything done I can, whilst I'm on the go, like writing this whilst on the train to meet my friend for lunch. After a few days of feeling absolutely shattered, I've realised this isn't sustainable and that I need to make sure I have some downtime each week. I need at least one day, where I do not have an endless to-do list and I can do whatever I please without putting pressure on myself. I have developed a rather all-or-nothing mindset when it comes to writing and sometimes I feel that if I don't post something for a day, it's a failing on my part, that if I don't give it 1000%, I will never achieve my dream. I need to remember that this is not the case. I know only too well, that if I don't give myself some breaks I'm going to get overwhelmed, make myself unwell and I potentially take the enjoyment out of writing. So what is my plan? Have at least one non-writing day each week. Write as much as I can in advance and schedule if possible. Take regular breaks. Put my screens away. Do activities I enjoy that have nothing to do with writing. What will you do for yourself this week? ♥️

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 Things I’ve Seen & Heard This Week Including A Way To Earn As You Spend & An Exciting Crime Series

Being on holiday has given me plenty of time to read, listen and watch things and I write this very post as I lounge around the hotel pool. If you would like to watch fairytale for adults I rewatched Collateral Beauty on the plane. Will Smith plays Howard, a man broken by a personal tragedy. He spends his time writing letters time, death & love, whilst his concerned friends, played by the brilliant Ed Norton & Kate Winslet, try in vain to help him recover. It is a beautiful and moving story, something we all need to see. If you want to listen to the new Luther Vandross I put my name down for karaoke on holiday thinking I might sound ok amongst the usual candidates. Then Sterling got up. This man sounds just like Luther Vandross! We were chatting to him and he has entered several singing contests such as Pop Idol & X Factor but for some unknown reason, he didn't get through! If you want to earn money whilst you spend it Use TopCashback . I use this whenever

Goal Setting, Go Getting

In this weeks substack newsletter Subscribe here

Film recommendation

Whilst I was feeling sorry for myself on Sunday night we saw this was on @skytv I absolutely love the people just do nothing series and the movie was just as good! It really cheered me up! #peoplejustdonothing #tvshows #tv #tvshow #tvseries #movies #series #television #movie #film #comedy #funny #films